The difference between LDPE and HDPE
– HDPE is generally opaque, with teeth bitten, there will be white stubble mark in the crack, the material is more brittle and hard, and is used to do more packaging products.
– LDPE: relatively soft, good toughness, good transparency, smooth handle, and less noise with hand tearing.
– HDPE can be made of wire drawing, injection molding, hollow and blown film products. The relative plastic products are fishing nets, buckets, bottles and packaging bags.
– LDPE is commonly used for film products, generally used in industrial films, plastic film, agricultural film and so on.
The difference between the physical properties of HDPE and LDPE:
Common ground: both are non-toxic, tasteless and odorless. Both of them are non-toxic and harmless to the body.
The mechanical properties of HDPE and LDPE are different:
– HDPE has high strength, good toughness, strong rigidity, close to PP, and more tough than PP. Used for extrusion packaging film, rope, woven bag, fishing net, water pipe; used for injection low-grade daily necessities and shells, non load-bearing components, rubber boxes, turnover boxes; used for extrusion blow molding containers, hollow products, bottles. And the mechanical properties of LDPE are relatively poor.
Heat resistance and cold resistance difference:
It has good heat resistance and cold resistance, even at normal temperature, even at -40F low temperature. It has excellent impact resistance, low temperature embrittlement temperature < -90℃, low heat resistance, low temperature embrittlement temperature <-70℃
The difference between HDPE and LDPE softening point:
Acid, alkali, corrosion and organic solvent properties are different:
HDPE: strong oxidizer corrosion; acid, alkali and corrosion of various salts; insoluble in any organic solvents.
LDPE: acid, alkali and salt solution corrosion, but solvent resistance is poor.