Sprinkler irrigation is a water-saving irrigation technology, that irrigates water after pressurized, transported to sprinkler through pipe, and the sprinkler ejects the water, evenly dispersed into small water droplets to irrigate crops. Sprinkler irrigation equipment consists of water inlet pipes, pumps and other parts, which can be fixed or offset.
Advantages and disadvantages of sprinkler irrigation technology:
1. Advantages: Sprinkler irrigation has many advantages, mainly saving water, not damaging the soil structure, can adjust the microclimate in the field, and is not restricted by the terrain, so it greatly saves the work of leveling the land, and at the same time, no or less irrigation channels can be repaired.
2. Disadvantages: The disadvantage is that it consumes power and metal materials, and the equipment cost is relatively high. At present, sprinkler irrigation is mostly used in areas with lack of water resources and poor soil water retention, as well as hills, terraces and uneven arid areas that are not suitable for surface irrigation.
Sprinkler irrigation has wide scope of application, and is suitable for irrigating almost all dry crops, such as grains, vegetables, fruit trees, and medicinal materials. From the perspective of terrain, it is suitable for both plains and hilly areas; from the perspective of soil quality, it is suitable for both soils with high permeability and soils with low infiltration rates. Sprinkler irrigation can be used not only for crop irrigation, but also for garden grassland and flower irrigation. It can also be used for spraying fertilizers, pesticides, defrosting, heatstroke prevention and dust prevention.
Drip irrigation technology
Drip irrigation is the use of water pipelines laid in the field to make irrigation water drip, slowly, evenly and quantitatively infiltrate the most developed areas of the crop root system, so that the soil in the main root activity area of the crop is always kept in the optimal water state. Drip irrigation does not destroy the structure of the topsoil, does not produce surface runoff, and can greatly reduce the amount of evaporation between plants. It is the most water-saving irrigation technology. The advantage is water saving, which can save 20-25% of water compared with sprinkler irrigation, but the cost is higher.
Drip irrigation products can be divided into drip irrigation pipes, drip irrigation tapes, drippers, drip arrows and so on. The general drip irrigation pipes refer to drip irrigation tube with dripper embedded, and the dripper is independently mounted on the inner wall of the drip irrigation tube, and the distance of the dripper is generally 15cm, 20cm, 30cm, 40cm, 50cm, 60cm, 75cm, etc. The drip irrigation belt refers to the product in which the flow channel is continuous band and is embedded in the inner wall or joint of the drip irrigation belt, and the distance between the water outlets is usually multiple of 10cm or 15cm.
The advantages and disadvantages of drip irrigation technology:
– Reduce fertilizer, nutrient and water losses;
– Allow the water in the area to be kept within the field capacity;
– Reduce weed growth;
– Water is controlled by the output of each nozzle, and the uniformity of distribution is high;
– Labor cost is lower than other irrigation methods;
– The variable supply can be adjusted by regulating valves and drippers; keeping the leaves dry and reducing the risk of disease;
– Pressure is usually lower than other types of pressurized irrigation, lower energy costs.
– The initial cost is huge;
– Sunlight will affect the pipes used for drip irrigation and shorten its service life;
– If the water is not properly filtered, the equipment is not properly maintained and will cause blockage;
– After harvesting, the irrigator who uses drip irrigation needs to follow up on the problems of winding, disposal, recycling or reuse of drip irrigation tape, which increases additional costs;
– Drip irrigation systems require careful study of all relevant factors, such as topography, soil, water, crops, and agroclimatic conditions.
Drip irrigation is used in small work environment and does not require large-scale use. The popularization points of drip irrigation technology are vegetables in greenhouses and orchards in hilly and mountainous areas. Generally, mobile drip irrigation are used for field crops, fixed drip irrigation are used for vegetables, and drip irrigation for fruit trees can be used both.
Henan Yinfeng Plastic are irrigation tapes manufacturer, and we can accept custom according to customers’ requirement.
Our drop irrigation tapes: http://www.pe-film-china.com/product-category/irrigation-tape